About Blog

Finding profundity in the most unusual places.

Comments encouraged.
Love to blogroll to similar content.

Archives

June 2004
July 2004


BlogRoll



Thanks

Hosted at Blogger
TrackBack by HaloScan
Licensed under Creative Commons
Pings using Pingomatic
Atom feed by Blogger

Profundities

 

6.19.2004


Walls between gardens.

When I got back to my apartment, I was drenched in rain. For a split second I contemplated whether I should press the blinking light on my answering machine or run for the towel. The voice of Mrs. Warrior at full blast from the recorder stopped me even before I reached half way across to my restroom.

-The bitch dumped her.

Ohh no. I was anyway going to be wet again, so forget the towel, I made for my car.

-Reshmi Pillai Smillai. She dumped our Poorni for that Seema Shameless character.
So Mrs. Warrior knew about Reshmi all along! and I thought that it was a secret that I shared with Poornima.
-What does this Smillai think about herself? the Saali kutti doesn't even know how to say a proper Namaste. Carrom board kahin ka.
-Mrs. Warrior, all this time, I mean, you knew about Poornima and Reshmi?
-Hell'o, (her south indian accent was breaking in) if i did not know where my Poorni's interests lay, who would. I knew from the time she ditched Ryan that she was in search of love... and when Reshmi came along, it all fell in place for our precious Poorni.

I couldn't believe this. Mrs. Warrior was now way up there in the coolness scale.

-Where is she now?
-Mone,(Son) she is upstairs, why dont you go talk to her a little.

I could hear the sound of my throbbing heart through my drenched shirt as i walked up the stairs. Usually this house used to be a noisy cacophony. Non stop foot stomping bhajans from the kitchen and 70s hindi from the garage. Noise made conversation so much simpler; if i did'nt come up with something to say, i would just listen to the music for a while, or i would try the usual- "I love this song". It never went by without someone else exclaiming "Me too!"

Poornima was sitting on her bed clutching a pillow. I could see a crumpled mass in her fingers. As i took the photo from her hands, she held my hand.
-I never felt this way before, with Ryan or with the other boys I've been with. This somehow hurts a lot more. Then she stopped and smiled. As you said - Sadness is a wall.

-Yeah, Sadness is but a wall between gardens.

Profundities ::


7 Comments:
At June 20, 2004 at 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one and the passive digressive piece your wrote are pretty good reads :) the way you are writing, it does seem as though you need multiple blogs! a tech blog, a book review blog and a short story blog. Also, why don't you post a list of your all time favorite books?

 
At June 21, 2004 at 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice :-)

Arun arunkpe.rediffblogs.com

 
At June 21, 2004 at 10:56 PM, Blogger mr said...

Good Idea. I should have a list of my all time favs, I guess I have to 1. come up with the list 2. figure out a way to sqeeze it into the layout.

 
At June 21, 2004 at 11:34 PM, Blogger Ravages said...

Hi! So totally off the track. Can't help it though

Thanks for blogrolling me (yeesh! what a word, blogrolling)

Anyways, thanks for the link. Will reciprocate soon.

 
At August 18, 2007 at 1:06 PM, Anonymous Buy Levitra said...

Great article! Thanks.

 
At August 18, 2007 at 6:38 PM, Anonymous Phentermine said...

Thanks for interesting article.

 
At September 10, 2007 at 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonimous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

 

Post a Comment

Home